Last weekend, my very best friend from college came into town for a couple of days, and to say that we painted the town would be a grand understatement.
KM came in late on Thursday, and I still had to work Friday, so that evening we kicked it at my house. Early Friday, she came to work with me and then spend her day doing a self-guided tour of the capitol, monuments, and museums. (She was especially thrilled to see the Constitution on the anniversary of its signing.) The nice thing about the city is that tons of alumni from our school have made their way here, so there is always someone to catch up with. KM lunched with a guy from college who I knew-of, but had never really met. As far as I knew of him, he was a football meat-head who slept his way through college, a nice guy, but certainly not my type. During the day, I managed to talk one of my co-workers (MD2) into showing us the town and the between the two of us and KM + lunch date, our Friday night foursome was made.
Post-work, KM and I swung into the local World Market (which if you've never been, take my advice and don't go when you're hungry) to pick up libations, chips, and salsa before heading back. One thing I love about us is that we eat. Don't laugh. Everyone reading this has friends that don't--those girls who always order salads and veggies. KM and I are not those people. We polished off a 6-pack and an entire jar of salsa before so much as showering for our PM outing.
Now, before you go any farther, take ten and Google "Esquire I Think You're Fat." This article had half my office buzzing last week. Personally, I think its a nice idea but would make for a pretty cynical world. Honesty is good. Radical honesty is a little much for me. Anyway, as I ran around the office Friday morning, MD2 made KM read the article - a move which later prompted the "radical honesty bar game." The premise? Ask anything and get a completely honest answer. Trust me, you get a few drinks down and everyone is ALL ABOUT radical honesty. It was amazing...and educational, but mostly just awesome. Lets just say we learned a lot.
With one bar down, the three of us moseyed our way to the next where shots and dancing ensued. So. Much. Fun. Then, KM decided she needed Subway. At some point, it was decided that we were all sleeping at MD2's house, and 984092845029485 blocks later, MD2, KM, lunch date and me were all sleeping.
Fast-forward to 6AM Saturday morning. KM's phone rings... its lunch date! Wait. WTF? He's calling? But wait, lunch date is definitely passed out on the couch next to KM.
Hello?
Hi! Who is this?
This is KM, where did you get this phone?
(suddenly, meat-head lunch date realizes that he is, indeed, down a cell phone)
LUNCH DATE LOST HIS PHONE AND NOW A HOBO HAS IT AND IS DEMANDING MONEY TO GET IT BACK!!
Bahahahahahaha! I learn about all of this when I wake up at ten, and so we start calling and calling Homeless to retrieve the phone. Two episodes of Entourage later, we've got no information and growling stomachs so we decide to make our way to brunch.
One hilarious meal later, and long story short, the hobo makes his way to us and returns lunch date's phone for the bargain basement price of $15.
After a night like that, it becomes pretty difficult to out-do yourself, so KM and I spend the rest of her visit enjoying the company and making endless hobo jokes. We wined. We dined. We shopped the mega-amazing-james-perse-sample sale. It was good, and I can't wait to have more visitors...and the adventures that'll surely come with.
No comments:
Post a Comment