Had the chat today! Long story short, it went well. Now, its time to have the same chat with my immediate boss - a woman. Yeah, that matters, (and not for the reasons you're thinking of!)
Unfortunately, one of the people I'll need to chat with aout this is the reason why every frat boy I've ever met makes jokes about my belonging in a kitchen. Dramatic, gossipy, and catty. Deep down, it's a total possibility that she's just unhappy, but the constant mood-spectrum is really just a little much.
Beyond that though, I found a house! Which, goodness, that was an adventure. You see, I have an aptitude for procrastination. My lease expires on May 4th, so i started perusing places last month but kept coming up short -- too expensive, too far away, creepy neighbors, blah, blah, blah. So last week, I find myself in a pickle. Let's review. Lease up May 4th. In Chicago for board meeting on May 2-4th. In Detroit from April 22-24 then again from May 6-8. This leaves my move in date for...THIS WEEKEND?!?
Luckily, I found a beautiful place just in the nick of time. It's a two (maybe three) bedroom townhouse near where many of my friends from college live. I get my own bedroom (amen) and we're just two blocks off of Old Town. Ahh, can't wait for visitors! I'll be living with my friend's girlfriend, who graduates from college this week and moves out here on May 20th. Time is flying! I cannot believe I have been here 10 months already. What a wonderful ride.
GB and I had a pretty great Easter. I jetted up to MI for the weekend on Saturday. The weather was awesome and we spent the first day moseying around the city. We stopped fist at the Heidelberg Project downtown which, if you're ever in the city during daylight, I totally recommend. It's such a heartbreaking statement on poverty, this modern art installment situated in the middle of burned out and decimated neighborhood. My pictures are still on the camera, but I'll probably throw them up on FB later. In the meantime, www.Heidelberg.org.
After that, GB dragged me downtown to these two coney places situated next to one another. Apparently it's some kind of right-of-passage to decide which one I like better, so two coney dogs later, GB rolled me out and towards our next stop, a bookstore! But this isn't your average bookstore, this is four-stories and a basement of an abandoned warehouse that is literally covered with books from wall to wall. They. Have. Everything. It's amazing, and we spent hours in there before they closed for the day. Next time, well conquer the two floors we missed this round.
After that, we came home and bummed around the kitchen making dinner... grilled pizza (legit, do it.) It was still nice out, so we ate outside and because GB lacks in the lighting department, a cinnamon candle had to do. It was so cheesy, but an accident! Haha, that seems to happen a lot. We get in these ridiculous romantic situations and we don't really want them, but it's fun, so we make faces and shadow puppets across the picnic table while eating pizza. People probably think we're five.
The next day we went up to his hometown at SIX AM to make it in time for mass. That day can eat up a whole post, but basically we ate 78625162740928364517284736253535555 calories and fished with the little ones. GB grew up in a house on the river; its beautiful, and across the way is Canada. They have their own dock, and the kids and us had a blast kicking it on the dock for the afternoon. His family is awesome, he is awesome, we are awesome, you are awesome. Etc. Anyway. Great weekend, so sleepy.
Not at all ready to move. Definitely ready to go back to MI next weekend. Missing you guys. Come visit. Xoxox.
love you. beyond happy for you. we must chat soon! :o)
ReplyDelete