Sunday, March 27, 2011

Praying About It

So, now that we're all in agreement that GB is pretty freakin cool, allow me to add this little gem:

Rather than trek it back up to the homestead after Viki's (beautiful) wedding, we decided that we were going to stay the night downtown. Post reception, we dashed downtown with Kails & Co. ready to slam shots and party long into the night. (Well, I thought I was anyway) Fast forward twenty minutes and you have me falling asleep in the back of a bar surrounded by good conversation with a lot of people who I don't know. An early morning in combination with the time difference is a total bitch, and after one beer, GB and I were so sleepy that we decided to head back to the hotel. Once there we just kind of bummed around talking about everyone who reads this blog and then the conversation turned to us.

You see, the night before (in a moderately drunken state) GB had started a sentence that I was 98% sure was going to end in the "L" word. Being me, I chopped it off at the knees, but 24 hours later I got the distinct feeling that the Hydra was back -- not only eight heads strong but also sober. Eff! So, we talked about things that I hate talking about, and I dropped the very honest line that no I'm not there yet but I feel like were going that direction. This is not a fling for me. And then he tells me this...

I'm a fling. A space filler. Thats all. (Hahaha, just kidding.) No no, he tells me that when I came up to visit last month, as we were sitting in mass on Sunday that he asked God for a little help in showing him that this was worth pursuing. Twenty-four hours later my flight was cancelled and he says he had his answer.

Sigh, he prayed about it.

3 comments:

  1. WINNERRRRRRRRR!!!!!! oh my gosh.
    oh. my. gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read this. and i love him more. was that possible? DUH.

    ReplyDelete