First there was part one and then there was part two and now there is part three:
27. I have found one half of my wedding gift.
The other piece(s) are out there somewhere but in the meantime, this first one is pretty dang fun. I haven't seen Miss Viki's house yet, but given their registry, I'm sure its going to be tres adorable. The idea of decorating a house tickles me, unfortunately, it looks like I might be doing so a little sooner that I'd like.
28. When my lease expires in May, MY RENT GOES UP $500 A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!
I can't even talk about this right now, no one wants to be mad before they go to bed. Luckily for me, the last time I found a house it took four days with zero knowledge of the area; this round I think my chances of finding the perfect place for the perfect price are marginally more manageable.
29. GB and I had a freakin' awesome weekend together.
I landed in Detroit around seven pm on Friday and after we got back to his house (um, yeah, the kid owns this house... whoa) we jetted out to dinner downtown at this fabulous little Mexican place. Let me tell you about these margaritas. Legit. After that we strolled around for a little bit and picked up chocolate cherry cookies before heading home. The next morning we ate our cookies for breakfast and then bummed around until almost five-thirty, at which point we finally put our acts together to go have dinner with KM and her boyfriend. Her new place is so cute and I was really pumped to finally meet this boy shes so in love with. What a winner. Not only is he gorgeous (together, they're mega hot) but the kid is ridiculously smart and social. Big fan. On Sunday, GB thought mass started at 11:30 but it was actually at 11 so rather than be those kids who roll in a half hour late we decided to kill a half hour by driving around and then hit up the noon service at a different church.
30. And in that thirty minutes, GB hit one of two high-points all weekend.
We drove around for a few, him mindlessly pointing out random places and chatting about how their food was before rolling into a car dealership that sells Morgans!! Not only are these are my very favorite cars ever, he totally made a point to take me to see the two they had.
31. Mass. Lunch. Parents. Wait, WHAT?!?!
Church? Check. Lunch? Another adorable little restaurant downtown that had a make-your-own-bloody-mary bar. Basically, they pour you a big ole glass of vodka and you make your own concoction using whatever you like. The food was epic. The company was perfect. After that, we perused the shops downtown when... his mom called. They were on their way to town to "drop things off." Ha. Ummm, sneak attack anyone!! So, I met the parental units. They're great, and rumor has it that they like me to. Good things all around I guess.
32. Fast Forward to Monday...Valentines Day!
No, he did not shower me in rose petals and chocolates. Hell no. Thank goodness! I mean, that stuff is fine and fun, but its not us. We don't really roll that way. Actually, he had texted me on either Tuesday or Wednesday to tell me that the White Castle on his way home from school was taking Valentines reservations (true story, they had 48 already scheduled when we called on Saturday morning) and how excited he was that he'd finally found the perfect evening plans.
33. Airport time was sad.
Unfortunately, my flight left at 6:30 Monday night, kaboshing any and all dinner plans. We slept in that morning and then had lunch at a little Cuban place before heading home to bum around until it was airport time. I repacked my bags and checked the phones for any last-minute emails that I needed to send off before leaving. Email one? Flight cancelled!! Something about scheduled repairs? At this point I was not asking questions about who schedules repairs and flights at the same time, all I was doing was rescheduling my flight for 6am Tuesday, giving me essentially twelve more hours to hang out with GB. He was equally pumped.
34. Frank Sinatra is now one of my Pandora stations.
We went grocery shopping for dinner and then settled into the kitchen at which point, GB nabbed the ipad, tuned it to Frank and popped it on top of the fridge for a little mood music.
35. And then he danced with me.
36. Four am comes real early.
GAHHHH. Leaving was not fun, but also compounded by the fact that my flight left at six, boarding started at five-thirty, we left his house at four-thirty, the commute was thirty minutes, and the security line at the airport was twenty minutes plus. If you did your math correctly, I missed my flight. Thankfully, a helpful desk clerk loudly informed me that thanks to US Airways' policy on overtime, there was indeed no gate attendant to assist in boarding the plane, so despite the fact that I was five minutes past take-off time, no, my flight had not yet boarded. I've never been so thankful for unions in my life.
(So close.)
"let me tell you about these margaritas. legit." hehe
ReplyDeleteso ummm.... i think we need to talk BEFORE i meet this character (WHICH i am SO excited about!)
aaahhhh! :o)
ReplyDelete